Beyond the roadside services available to you and anyone driving your vehicle with your Subaru 360 C.A.R.E. membership card, there are also other services available specifically to you, as the registered owner of the vehicle. These services are another example of Subaru’s commitment to your peace of mind and include:
Personalized Trip Planning and Routing
Service is currently suspended due to COVID-19, and will be reinstated once local CAA offices reopen.
Planning a trip? Simply head to your local CAA branch and present your Subaru 360 C.A.R.E. membership card. As a Subaru 360 C.A.R.E. member, you can receive personalized trip planning and routing, including appropriately marked or highlighted maps or TourBooks (if available). To make your trip even easier, full travel planning and booking services are also available, if required.
Theft And Hit-And-Run Reward
A reward of $500 (Canadian funds) is offered to any Subaru 360 C.A.R.E. member who provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of:
a) Any person who steals another member’s car, boat or snowmobile.
b) Any person guilty of a hit-and-run causing personal injury.
Arrest Bond Certificate
You, as the registered vehicle owner, are protected against the need for immediate cash payment or temporary detainment if arrested for most traffic violations while operating your vehicle in a jurisdiction of the United States that accepts the Arrest Bond Certificate, up to $5,000 (Canadian funds). You will be billed for the payment of the fine upon returning to Canada.
Trip Accident & Mechanical Breakdown Assistance
The payment covers a car rental from a local recognized rental agency, or local meals and lodging, or commercial transportation to your destination or residence.
- Offences involving alcohol, drugs or narcotics
- Failure to appear on prior traffic violations
- Driving on a suspended driver’s licence or driving without a driver’s licence
- Hit-and-run offences
- Failure to present evidence of insurance
- Illegal use of or falsification of licence or registration
- Engaging in any felonious act
- Attempt to elude or eluding a police officer
- Driving a vehicle for commercial purposes
- Traffic fines in excess of $5,000
- Violations which occur in U.S. states that do not accept the Arrest Bond Certificate.Failure to reimburse Subaru 360 C.A.R.E. or Subaru Canada, Inc. for court fines paid on your behalf within 60 days will result in the forfeiture of all coverage under the Subaru 360 C.A.R.E. program.
- The accident or mechanical breakdown must occur 360 kilometers (225 miles) or more from the Vehicle owner's or lessee's residence.
- The Vehicle must be disabled to the extent that it cannot be safely driven.
- In the case of a mechanical breakdown, the Vehicle must be towed to the nearest Subaru dealership or authorized Subaru service centre within 360 km of the location of the mechanical breakdown.
- In the case of an accident, the accident must be reported to the nearest police agency and a copy of the police accident report (if applicable) must be submitted with all claims.
- Benefits are provided for a period of up to 72 hours from the time of the incident.
- Rental vehicles must be obtained from a recognized local vehicle rental agency.
- Local meals and lodging must be obtained in the general vicinity of the location at which the vehicle is being repaired. Alcohol is not eligible for reimbursement.
- Commercial transportation must be obtained from a common carrier (airline, bus, train, taxi, etc.), licensed to carry passengers for hire.
- Only one payment per incident will be made and payment will be made directly to the Vehicle owner or lessee making the claim.
- Any cost for overnight lodging will be limited to the cost of one room per night for a maximum of three nights.
- Any cost for commercial transportation (airline, bus, train, taxi, etc.) will be limited to the cost of one adult ticket. Taxi fare from the airport, bus or train depot will be paid in addition to the cost of one adult ticket.
- Accidents do not qualify for Trip Accident and Mechanical Breakdown Assistance if eligible for reimbursement under the Vehicle owner's or lessee's insurance policy. Evidence of non-reimbursement is required.
- The cost of parts, repairs and labour are not eligible for reimbursement.
- Vehicle owners or lessees must complete the claim form which they can obtain on request from Subaru 360 C.A.R.E., provide the required information, and return the form will all supporting documentation to Subaru 360 C.A.R.E..
- All claims for Trip Accident and Mechanical Breakdown Assistance must be submitted to Subaru 360 C.A.R.E. within 60 days of the date of the incident.